What are the benefits of becoming a member?
Our mission is to professionalise the status of directors and to enhance their accountability by providing orientation, research, training and accreditation, advisory services, advocacy, networking and sharing of international best practices.
Belonging to a professional body such as the MIoD has the following general benefits:
- Be part of a network of members who want to promote good corporate governance and share best international business practices
- Keep up to date with the latest information on global trends – receive regular information updates and newsletters
- Membership Card with specially negotiated discounts on a variety of products and services
- Be part of a new culture of directorship and accelerate your professional development- earn Continuous Professional Development points with all our training courses
- Meet top international speakers and guests
- Reciprocal arrangements with IoD Southern Africa, l’Institut Français des Administrateurs, Singapore Institute of Directors, the Australian Institute of Company Directors and the Asian Centre for Corporate Governance and Sustainability so you can network when you are travelling.
- Library and on-line documentation centre
- Discussion forums, debates, seminars and conferences
- Special members events
- Information and guidance services
- Automatic inclusion, unless opted otherwise, on the Directors’ Register and Search Service for Independent Director placements (exclusive service to Members and Fellows)
- Use of post nominals in recognition of your professional membership
In addition to the above general benefits, Associate, Members and Fellows are also entitled to the respective advantages below:
Membership fees can be settled in 2 instalments per annum
Free Group Mentoring Class (minimum one per annum)
1 free half day workshop (subject to availability at the time of booking)
1 free 2-hr ethics workshop – these workshops will be offered every 6 months and places will be advertised to Members and subject to availability
- Exclusive Fellows Networking Events
- Day pass Access at Angsana Balaclava Mauritius
- Depending on the previous category before moving to the Retired one, all the benefits remain the same.